Monday, August 19, 2013

I wanted to go ahead and post my 3 ATCs that are for my Fall swap that is finishing up this weekend.
I like to give everyone a challenge when they make these little works of art!!!!
Group 1 theme was APPLES and the style was VINTAGE. The challenge-- NO LACE

Group 2 theme was LEAVES and the style was GRUNGE. The challenge- NO BROWN

Group 3 theme was PUMPKINS and the style was STEAMPUNK. The challenge-NO GEARS

I have received some really cool looking ATCs so far and I will post the pictures once the swap has closed and they are all mailed back.

I used corkboard and  frayed some fabric which I stamped on my image for Group 1. I colored in just the apples and a little green grass..

For group 2, I used leaf cuts, a couple pieces of textured materials and covered them with metal tape. I emphasized it all with a  round tip and then painted it black. I wiped off some black and then added some orange and yellow and did the same thing. I added black chunky EP around the edges for a more grunge look.

For Group 3,  I used a pumpkin pie as the top of a heat embossed hot air balloon which I added wings to. Some mixed embossing powders finished it off.

Hope you like them and will check the thread on the Cricut Message Board to see how everyone else interpreted this ATC challenge.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Jean!!!! I was so excited to read your comment!! Glad to see you are still busy with ATCs. I always loved receiving the little cards and seeing everybody's take on the themes.

Your little cards are fabulous - and what a challenge they were!

Glad all is well with you. Please give my best to Sheila.

PS Thanks for contacting me. I am seldom on the MB anymore so miss all the news there.